Monday, July 20, 2009

Maiden Voyage

I've been pondering doing this for quite some time, but lacked the initiative to find the perfect URL. It's a daunting taks finding an address that a) is appropriately original, memorable, and funny and b) isn't already in use. As a tribute to my fantastic brother, I chose a phrase he coined (and defined, take a looksy here to get educated) and would first ask my readership, as minute as that may be, to follow the link, vote up the slang, and start the movement to replace "hyphy". If you don't know what hyphy means, don't bother, get tribal is by far its superior.

The second task was to find a proper title. The dream of course was to find a title and URL to match. However, I felt that this blog would probably have little to do with getting tribal, but more about exploration into the deep unknown. I was searching the internet tirelessly for at least one strip of the many page long story line of Calvin and Hobbes becoming fed up with life and home and with parents, and striking out for the Yukon, but alas, I couldn't find it! At the very least, I provide you with a brief snapshot:


And so here I am, venturing somewhere I've never gone before, the world wide web of blogging. Hello to you all, you'll hear back from me soon, that's how exciting my summer holiday has been so far. Excuse the British-speak, I've been reading a lot of Harry Potter.

4 comments:

Anna Banana said...

OH Laurie, I'm so honored to be considered either distinguished and/or entertaining. Welcome to the exquisite madness that is blogging.
Shall I see you in Provo? Say, oh...January 2010? Eh? Eh?

Megan said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I love the title you chose for your first post. Bryan is a big C&H fan, too. =)

Shannon B said...

HEHE, cute Lauire! You are now added to MY blog! See you soon, August right?????

Dnnr said...

Thanks for the shout out Laurie! Very cool blog!