Thursday, August 6, 2009

Yes, I posted this at work.

There's definitely something lost by typing out what you're thinking, instead of writing it out by hand. Handwriting, for one. Sometimes there isn't a perfect font to do the subject justice. However, typing everything out does make me appreciate the feel of a pefectly balanced pen with stark black ink, gliding smoothly on top of white, kept in line by blue. Then there's the subject of portability. I can take my favorite pen and paper in any bag, sit anywhere, and throw something onto paper. When I sit down to type something out, I've gotten comfortable on my familiar 14" laptop with crisp, gleaming keys. When I sit at work all day, every day, with a computer right in front of me, I don't write anything. I've discovered it's because I just feel uncomfortable. That keyboard is not my home! That monitor is not my home! And once again, writing is delayed. So, I suppose this is my long winded apology for post absence. If it makes you feel any better, I wrote this all out in pen before transcribing it onto this blog. On the plus side to technology, my keyboard will not run out of ink, like this pen just has.

No comments: