Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Thoughts on Brittany

My friend Brittany is leaving Provo tomorrow, to go home to California, to wait for 3 months, to then go to Brazil, to serve an 18 month long proselyting mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I realized this past week all of the voids Brittany fills in my life, and how bummed I will be without seeing her at work everyday. I feel like sending this small advert to the Brazilian Missionary Training Center so they know what they're getting.
  • If you need someone to shorten a word and make it acceptable to say, Brittany can do it.
  • If you need someone to go to/start a dance party with, Brittany will be there.
  • Similarly, if you need someone to dance until they literally can't remember what happened while they were dancing, Brittany's your woman.
  • If you want to hear a hilarious story and bust your gut, Brittany is on it.
  • If you want a job well done on anything detail oriented, Brittany will not let you down.
  • If you need a friend, Brittany is willing and able.
  • If you need someone who cares and will drop everything to help you, someone who will listen and empathize with you, if you need someone who is a genuinely honest and good person, then look no further than Brittany.
I know missionaries get called for specific reasons, to specific places, and I know Brittany is going to touch people's lives (how can she not? She does that without being a missionary here in Provo!) but I still can't help feeling like Brazil doesn't even realize the gift they're getting for the next year and a half. I can't lie, I'm a little bit jealous.

1 comment:

Brittany Brooks said...

Oh man! Laurie, thank you for this. That was so sweet! I literally couldn't read that at points because I couldn't see through my tears. I'm going to miss you too! You've been such a great friend to me! Thank you!